East Nashville Homes For Sale
East Nashville is a neighborhood in the city of Nashville, Tennessee. It is located on the east side of the Cumberland River and is known for its arts and music scene. East Nashville is home to many small businesses, including art galleries, music venues, and restaurants.
East Nashville has many redeeming qualities on home buyer's shopping list. Located just east of Downtown, residents here enjoy having quick access to amenities and attractions in the city center. However, with an interesting array of exciting dining options, shopping destinations and services, most of what you need can be found just steps from your front door! There are also a number of community and state parks nearby, most of which are connected by an expansive network of hike and bike trails. Shelby Bottoms Nature Center & Greenway offer residents and visitors a scenic way to explore the Cumberland River.
For information about East Nashville homes for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact your expert Nashville area real estate agent today! And be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new East Nashville homes for sale come on the market.
The heart of eclectic East Nashville lies at the five-pointed intersection of South 11th Street, Clearview Avenue, and Woodland Street. The neighborhoods that make up this part of Nashville include Inglewood, Lockeland Springs, Five Points, East End, Eastwood, Greenwood, Cleveland Park, McFerrin Park, Historic Edgefield, and Shelby Hills. Each sub-neighborhood has its own unique feel and history. Many of these well-established neighborhoods were constructed from the early 1900s to the 1940s.
The East Nashville real estate market is highly sought-after, and homes often sell quickly. East Nashville is a great option for those homebuyers looking to buy into the Nashville real estate market without spending a fortune on a home. While there is a nice cross-section of homes for sale in East Nashville, first-time home buyers can find mid-range homes for sale in certain areas. The East Nashville real estate market is also fairly stable, meaning your investment is sure to appreciate over the years.
East Nashville Community Amenities
The East Nashville area is home to a mix of businesses, including some of the best bars and restaurants in the city, as well as a number of new apartments and condos. East Nashville is a historic neighborhood with a vibrant arts scene. It is home to many locally owned shops and restaurants, as well as several parks and green spaces. The neighborhood is also home to a number of music venues, making it a popular destination for live music. East Nashville is known for its eclectic mix of residents, and its welcoming atmosphere.
The East Side is also home to a number of different parks, including Shelby Park, which is a popular spot for both locals and tourists alike. The park is home to a number of different activities, including a playground, a walking trail, and a number of different sports fields.
The city of Nashville has some amazing golf courses for the residents and visitors alike. Courses that are around the East Nashville vicinity include:
- Shelby Golf Course is one of the best places to play golf in the city. The course is well-maintained, and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The greens are fast and challenging, and the fairways are lined with trees. There is also a driving range, a clubhouse, and a pro shop. Shelby Golf Course is a great place for beginners and experienced players alike. The course is open to the public, and the green fees are very reasonable.
- Vinny Links Golf Course is a challenging yet fun course that is perfect for a quick round or a full day of golf. The course is located in a scenic area with rolling hills and beautiful views. The terrain is varied, with some holes offering uphill and downhill shots. There are also a few water hazards, so accuracy is key. The staff at Vinny Links are friendly and helpful, and the pro shop has everything you need for a great game of golf. Most importantly, the greens are well-maintained and the fairways are always in great condition.
- Two Rivers Golf Course is a course situated on a beautiful piece of property with rolling hills, scenic views, and well-manicured fairways. In addition, the staff is friendly and welcoming, and the clubhouse has all the amenities you need for a great day on the course.
Some of the restaurants that can be found in the community are:
- The Fox Bar & Cocktail Club is a stylish space serving imaginative, seasonal cocktails and modern shareable plates. The cocktails are made with fresh, quality ingredients and the menu changes frequently to keep things interesting. The plates are perfect for sharing with friends or family and are a great way to try a little bit of everything.
- Nicoletto's Italian Kitchen is a great place to go for a quick and tasty meal. The counter-serve restaurant specializes in Italian comfort food, and also offers a variety of subs and salads. The simple surroundings are casual and inviting. Best of all, the food is reasonably priced, so you can enjoy a delicious meal without breaking the bank.
- Soy Cubano specializes in traditional family favorites, snacks, sandwiches, and bowls. All of the dishes are made with fresh, quality ingredients and plenty of love. Plus, their friendly staff is always happy to make recommendations or answer any questions you may have.
- The Poki - Hawaiian for "to cut crosswise into pieces" - is a Hawaiian staple that has been enjoyed for centuries. Traditionally, poké is made with raw fish that is marinated in a variety of sauces and spices. However, The Poki sets itself apart by using only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients. They have also added their own unique twist to the classic poké bowl, offering a variety of flavor combinations that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
A few other great places to try are:
There is also a large variety of retailers nearby, which include:
- Shops at Porter East - shopping mall
- Fatherland District - Nashville's premier shopping destination for those seeking a unique and stylish experience. The district is home to an eclectic mix of local shops, offering everything from clothing and gifts to specialty foods and salon services.
- Five Points Alley Shops - Hip retail space with 8 small, separate buildings containing shops for books, clothing, art & more. The shops are small and intimate, making it easy to find what you're looking for.
- Opry Mills - Vast shopping mall featuring upscale retailers, a large food court, diverse restaurants, and a cinema. Opry Mills opened in 2000 and since then has been a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. The mall offers something for everyone, with its wide variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
East Nashville Schools
East Nashville falls under the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools District.
The District is one of the largest school districts in the state of Tennessee, and it offers a comprehensive education to students in grades K-12. There are over 200 schools that include 136 elementary schools, 55 middle schools, and 35 high schools with over 80,000 students. The district is home to some of the best schools in the state, including several nationally ranked magnet schools.
In addition to academic excellence, Metropolitan Nashville Public School also offers a wealth of extracurricular activities and programs. Students can choose from a wide range of sports, clubs, and other activities, and there are plenty of opportunities for community service and leadership development. There are a number of schools that are located near the area. Some of these include:
- Dan Mills Elementary School 4106 Kennedy Ave, Nashville, TN | Kindergarten-Grade 4 | Student Enrollment: 545
- Meigs Academic Magnet Middle School 713 Ramsey St, Nashville, TN | Grade 6 - Grade 8 | Student Enrollment: 683
Along with excellent public schooling options available in East Nashville, those who are interested in private education also have choices. Offering both religious and non-religious instruction, private schools in the area include:
- Born Again Church Christian Academy 858 W Trinity Ln, Nashville, TN | Kindergarten-Grade 12 | Religious, Christian
- Montessori East 801 Porter Rd, Nashville, TN | Kindergarten-Grade 12 | Religious, Catholic
For those students who wish to continue their education post-high school, there are many wonderful universities and colleges that are located in Nashville. They include:
- Lincoln College of Technology (formerly Nashville Auto Diesel College)
- Bethel University, College of Professional Studies
- Nashville State Community College
- South College Nashville
East Nashville Utilities
- NES 615-736-6900
- Metro Water Service 615-862-4600
- Piedmont Gas 800-752-7504
Downtown Nashville is bursting with energy and excitement. From live music to delicious restaurants, there's something for everyone in this vibrant area. And when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't stop – the nightlife scene is just as lively as the daytime activities. Whether you're looking for a night out on the town or a relaxed evening with friends, you'll find it all in downtown Nashville.
The homes for sale in Downtown Nashville are as lively and vibrant as the area itself. If you're looking for an urban oasis, this is the place to be. From historic homes to modern condos, there's something for everyone in this unique area.
Germantown is a historic community on the National Register of Historic Places located just a few blocks northwest of downtown Nashville. The area includes a number of Victorian-style houses as well as a number of small businesses. The community is also home to the Nashville Farmers' Market, which is open year-round. Germantown is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Nashville for young professionals and families.
Germantown was first settled by German immigrants in the early 1800s. The immigrants were drawn to the area by the promise of free land. By the mid-1800s, Germantown was a thriving community with a number of businesses and churches.
Living in Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville is the capital of Tennessee. The city is located on the Cumberland River in the north-central part of the state. Nashville is a center for the music, healthcare, publishing, banking, and transportation industries, and is home to numerous colleges and universities. Its official nickname is the "Music City".
Nashville has a vibrant music scene, with a variety of genres including country, blues, rock and roll, gospel, and pop. The city is home to the Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, and many other music venues. Nashville is also a major center for the healthcare industry, with numerous hospitals and clinics located in the area.
Nashville is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. There are many things to see and do in Nashville, from visiting the Grand Ole Opry to exploring the city's museums and art galleries. If you're looking for an exciting and vibrant city to visit, Nashville is the perfect destination.
East Nashville Real Estate Agent
Wesley Willoughby and The Music City Group are experts on homes for sale in East Nashville, Tennessee. Our team has the local market knowledge and extensive experience in helping buyers find their dream home.
Purchasing a home is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life. There are so many things to consider, such as location and monthly payments, so choosing the right home should be no easy task. We will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transaction from start to finish, taking the stress out of this big purchase.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Nashville? Let our Music City real estate experts help you find your new home or negotiate the quickest home sale possible. Contact us today to discuss how we can help!